Introducing the Compact Sound speaker series from Electro-Voice
June 17, 2015
Five interchangeable models offer flexible combinations for bigger sound, smaller size, and easy installation
- EVID Compact Sound speaker series joins the award-winning EVID family from Electro-Voice, and provides full, big-system sound quality and next-generation industrial design
- Series includes three interchangeable satellites and two subwoofer models to create a system that fits the room
- Flexible, scalable background music (BGM) solution for a wide range of architectural environments, including retail spaces, offices, and restau-rants
InfoComm 2015, Orlando, FL: The new EVID Compact Sound speaker series joins the globally popular EVID (EV Innovative Design) family of small-format installed audio products from Electro-Voice.
EVID Compact Sound is designed to offer an unparalleled performance-to-size ratio in the small-format installed sound category. The series includes five sonically and aesthetically matched models which allow complete systems to be customized more effectively and more economically: subwoofer and satellite speakers for surface-mounting, subwoofer and satellite speakers for ceilings, and a pendant satellite speaker. Individual models may be mixed with one another for optimal results according to application, and all stand apart from other available products by providing a unique combination of superior EV sound quality, stylish design, smaller size, and simpler installation.
Common system features:
- BGM in a box: Purchase either a complete pre-packaged system or mix-and-match satellite models with any subwoofer to meet décor or installation requirements.
- Direct connection of satellites to subwoofer – substantially simplifies wiring.
- High-quality audio with acoustically balanced crossover point – eliminates localized subwoofer effect so system sonically disappears.
- Subs feature a large 8” woofer for increased low frequency output and more pleasing sound at lower volumes.
- Supports 100 W, 70/100 V, and 8 ohm audio connections.
Ceiling version features:
- Quick-install design with captive mounting tabs to fit nearly any ceiling construction.
- Four-pin Phoenix connectors on ceiling satellite speakers support pass-thru wiring.
- UL 2043/1480 ratings allow for use in signaling applications and plenum air spaces.
- Ceiling cutout templates and all mounting accessories included.
- Available in white finish.
Surface-mount version features:
- Simplified mounting design for satellites – enables quicker installation while allowing for significant articulation and range of motion.
- Attractive subwoofer design with full-face grille – blends in to environment.
- Supports stereo operation with 8-ohm audio connections.
- Quick-mount slide-on wall bracket included.
- Compact sub and satellites offer surprising performance-to-size ratio.
- Available in black or white finishes.
- 2” full-range transducer – acoustically matched to ceiling and surface-mount satellite versions.
- Attractive compact design.
- Concealed wire connection with pass-thru Phoenix plug for easy wiring.
- UL-rated quick-mount pendant cable included.
- Available in white finish.