The state of the art in ceiling sound: Introducing EVID Premium Ceiling Speakers from Electro-Voice
June 17, 2015
- Two new Premium Ceiling Speaker models join the EVID family of user-friendly installed sound solutions from Electro-Voice.
- The PC6.2 (6.5” two-way) and PC8.2 (8” two-way) advance the state of the art in ceiling speakers by providing higher sound pressure levels and better coverage control than previously available.
- Perfect for retail spaces, restaurants, and similar applications where high-quality background/foreground music is required.
InfoComm 2015, Orlando, FL: Electro-Voice is pleased to introduce its new Premium Ceiling (PC) Speaker – the latest members of its globally popular EVID (EV Innovative Design) family of small-format installed audio products.
The PC6.2 (6.5” two-way) and PC8.2 (8” two-way) are designed to be the most advanced ceiling speakers available today, with superior performance across every detail. Each self-contained unit features a dedicated compression driver for enhanced high-frequency performance and coverage control. Simplified wiring and innovative new integrated mounting hardware allows for quicker installation into a wide range of ceiling cavities and construction formats.
Both models add increased power handling (100 W), higher output (115 dB / 116 dB), and wider coverage angles (100˚ / 120˚) to the user-friendly installation and low-profile looks that contractors expect from EVID products, complimenting the range as a new, high-end option. Ideally suited for background music applications and distributed audio in retail spaces, restaurants, theater and stadium concourses, and shopping malls, EVID Premium Ceiling Speakers provide a new level of audio quality and aesthetics for ceiling applications.
- High-performance EV-engineered HF compression driver. Ultra-wide HF dispersion provides extremely even coverage throughout a room.
- High-excursion woofer provides dramatic low-end frequency extension. Reinforced steel back can provides rigid enclosure to minimize acoustic loss.
- Four-point clamp mechanism and integrated mounting legs enable quick ceiling installation.
- Detachable pass-thru Phoenix-style signal connections simplify installation wiring. Tap selector with 8Ω / 70 V / 100 V operation.
- Fully reinforced ABS UL-rated baffle ensures long life. Fully compliant with EN 54 (pending), UL 1480, and 2043 standards.