Electro-Voice introduces the X1-212/90 compact line-array loudspeaker system
June 17, 2015
- Part of the new X-Line Advance family of line-array loudspeakers from Electro-Voice.
- Offers an unprecedented performance-to-size ratio for small- and mid-sized installed, rental, and concert sound applications.
- Breakthrough components, innovative features, and super-compact size offer users an optimal combination of superior audio performance and cost-effective system design and deployment.
InfoComm 2015, Orlando, FL: The result of rigorous R&D, the new X-Line Advance family of line-array loudspeakers from Electro-Voice represents a dynamic step forward in line-array loudspeaker system design, offering a range of new features and advanced audio technologies that work together to surpass the performance of other competitive line arrays available today – and all in a significantly more compact cabinet.
The first wave of products launching under the X-Line Advance banner includes the X1-212/90, a compact 12” vertical line-array loudspeaker system that is ideal for small- and mid-sized applications including houses of worship, local/regional rental companies, corporate events, clubs, and entertainment venues.
Though it is approximately a third smaller in size than systems typically used in these environments, the X1 is designed to deliver superior audio performance and higher output—meaning fewer units are required to achieve desired results—while also making system design, transit, and setup/teardown more efficient and cost-effective.
The X1 was developed from the ground up to be the best all-around line-array solution ever made for small- and mid-sized applications. Its feature set includes the following:
- EV-engineered transducers for excellent audio quality: SMX2121 12” woofer for higher output and lower distortion and new, next-generation ND2R high-performance 2” high-frequency compression drivers.
- Enhanced Hydra plane-wave generators for clarity and control: Mid-Band Hydra (MBH) for superior box coupling and Wavefront-Shaping Circular Hydra (WCH) for extended linear high frequency performance.
- New Integrated Rigging System for efficient arraying: built-in proprietary hardware designed to enable a smaller crew to setup/teardown faster and more safely – in around half the time of a typical line-array system deployment. EV-designed dolly system also saves time and manpower, serving dual purpose as transport and array assembly platform.
- New-look EV industrial design for a clean, streamlined appearance, with enclosure dimensions optimized for more efficient packing and transit. Compact size allows arrays of up to 24 elements.
- Passive or biamp operation selected via an internal connector.
Two additional X-Line Advance products are being introduced: the higher-output X2-212/90 full-range element for larger applications and the X12-128 dual-18” subwoofer — the most powerful sub EV has ever developed. To learn more about the family, visit www.electrovoice.com/xlineadvance