Electro-Voice introduces the X2-212/90 high-performance compact line-array loudspeaker system
June 17, 2015
- High-performance model from the new X-Line Advance family of line-array loudspeakers from Electro-Voice.
- Offers an unprecedented performance-to-size ratio for large installed, rental, and concert sound applications.
- Provides high sound pressure level capability, extended high-frequency response, and linear low-frequency output for more performance than previously possible from an extremely compact cabinet.
InfoComm 2015, Orlando, FL: The result of rigorous research and development, the new X-Line Advance family of line-array loudspeakers from Electro-Voice represents a dynamic step forward in line-array loudspeaker system design, offering a range of new features and advanced audio technologies that work together to surpass the performance of other competitive line arrays available today – and all in a significantly more compact cabinet.
The first wave of products launching under the X-Line Advance banner includes the X2-212/90, a high-performance compact 12” vertical line-array loudspeaker system developed for the most demanding applications, including large houses of worship, concert and event/tour sound, sports venues, and theaters/ performing arts centers.
Though it is approximately a third smaller in size than systems typically used in these environments, the X2 is designed to deliver outstanding audio performance, superior full-bandwidth coverage, and higher output — meaning fewer units are required to achieve desired results — while also making system design, transit, and setup/teardown more efficient and cost-effective. The X2’s feature set includes the following:
- EV-engineered transducers for excellent audio quality: New DVN3125 12” neodymium woofer for higher output and lower distortion and new, next-generation ND6A high-performance 3” HF compression drivers.
- Enhanced Hydra plane-wave generators for clarity and control: Mid-Band Hydra (MBH) for superior box coupling and Advanced Pin-Diffraction Hydra for controlled linear HF performance.
- New Integrated Rigging System for efficient arraying: Built-in proprietary hardware designed to enable a smaller crew to setup/teardown faster and more safely – in around half the time of a typical line-array system deployment. EV-designed dolly system also saves time and manpower, serving dual purpose as transport and array assembly platform.
- New-look EV industrial design for a clean, streamlined appearance, with enclosure dimensions optimized for more efficient packing and transit. Compact size allows arrays of up to 24 elements.
Two additional X-Line Advance products are being introduced: the X1-212/90 full-range element for small- to mid-sized applications and the X12-128 dual-18” subwoofer — the most powerful sub EV has ever developed. To learn more about the family, visit www.electrovoice.com/xlineadvance