InfoComm 2007-“Biggest AV Tradeshow in History”-An Overriding Success for Bosch Communications Systems
Bosch Communications Systems recently exhibited at this year’s InfoComm, held in Anaheim, California from June 19-21. Already the largest annual conference and exhibition of audiovisual buyers and sellers worldwide, this year’s attendance topped 31,300, an 18.4% increase over last year’s attendance. InfoComm is attended by AV dealers, independent reps, design consultants, systems integrators, rental and staging companies, and AV buyers from business, government, education, healthcare, retail, entertainment and the worship market.
Displaying its full portfolio of professional audio brands, including Bosch, Dynacord, Electro-Voice, Klark Teknik, Midas, RTS, and Telex, the company introduced show attendees to complete audio solutions for the fixed installation and performance audio markets. Company representatives also teamed with InfoComm on its educational sessions. Bosch Communications Systems Director of Installed Systems Sales, Americas, Mike Webb, presented “Estimating Your Jobs for Profit“ and Director of Special Projects, Monte Wise, covered audio topics relevant to the House of Worship market. Bosch Communications Systems was also a sponsor of the PSNI (Professional Systems Network International) hospitatility suite.
InfoComm’s official Manufacturers’ Forum and party was also sponsored by Bosch Communications Systems. The event-located in the Pacific Ballroom of the Anaheim Hilton-featured an awards ceremony honoring distinguished achievements in professional AV, including the Harald Thiel “Vounteer of the Year“ and Educator of the Year awards. The evening culminated in the AV Industry Battle of the Bands, featuring the Dynacord Cobra system as FOH sound reinforcement, as well as Dynacord monitors, Dynacord Power-H power amplifiers, and Midas professional mixing consoles, Electro-Voice wired and wireless microphones, and Klark Teknik signal processing. Dynacord product manager Jeff Taylor engineered a clear and intelligible mix that won much praise with the critical attendees. Fellow Bosch Communications Systems teammember, Brian “Lucky“ Montgomery, did a superb job at monitors. The Pacific Ballroom was later utilized throughout the show as the Dynacord demo room, where products including the recently launched Dynacord Varline family of loudspeakers were demonstrated in a real-world setting.
Like Dynacord, Electro-Voice also featured a demo room at this year’s InfoComm. Located just off of the showfloor in Ballroom A of the Anaheim Convention Center, the Electro-Voice demo room featured a full complement of the brand’s unique audio solutions for the fixed installation and performance audio markets. Demonstrations were led by Electro-Voice’s Guillermo Wabi, Product Manager, Electro-Voice Loudspeakers/Fixed Installation/Performance Audio. Attendance was fantastic, especially each day at 3 p.m. for EV’s much talked about annual “Grand Audio Demo“. Technical Services’ George Georgallis provided a high level of expertise to the event as systems tech and FOH engineer.
InfoComm 2007 also served as the location for a timely representatives’ sales meeting. Bosch Communications Systems teammembers were acquainted with new members to the rep family and inside sales managers, including Directlink Marketing Communications, Image Marketing West, and industry veterans Paul Carelli and Harry Klane. The occasion also proved the perfect opportunity to honor the Nix Agency as “Reps of the Year“ for their awesome demonstration of sales and marketing prowess.
On the show floor, many new products were introduced amidst the clean lines and updated graphics of the official Bosch Communications Systems booth designed by trade show manager Randy Siefert and Sr. graphics designer, Greg Davis, in Hall A, #8419.
Key product introductions included:
• IRIS-Net V1.3 software: IRIS-Net (which stands for Intelligent Remote Integrated Supervision Network™) is a comprehensive control network for professional audio systems that offers audio professionals a highly sophisticated level of design, operation, and control of audio devices.
• Electro-Voice PolarChoice Boundary Microphone: The PC Boundary adds the flexibility of a selectable polar pattern to its wired boundary microphone product family, and offers a wired counterpart to its new PC Boundary Satellite, the industry’s first wireless boundary microphone with selectable polar patterns. The wired PC Boundary microphone also features a programmable, low-profile mic on/off switch, and can be interfaced to an auto-mixer. This unique product provides the perfect solution for countless applications, while meeting the critical demands of contractors, consultants and rental houses everywhere.
• Electro-Voice RE97-2Tx Two-Sided Headworn Microphone: The RE97-2Tx is a two-ear hook design with a band behind the head for complete comfort and stability in any performance. The band is fully adjustable and the hooks fold flat for storage and flip all the way over so the microphone boom can be on the left or right side of the mouth. It is available in three colors: beige, brown, and black.
• Electro-Voice LAPS II Line Array Prediction Software and Tilt-angle Extender for XLC and XLVC: LAPS II predicts the acoustic behavior of all EV line array products: X-Line, XLC, XLD and XLE. It provides a convenient rigging report detailing physical interconnections, and predicts the pre-crossover equalization required by each particular array configuration.
New features in LAPS II include the ability to make acoustic predictions simultaneously for up to three user-selectable frequency bands, clearer and more printable screen pages, and larger and higher-resolution sound coverage graphs. LAPS II runs faster than LAPS I, and can save array and venue information conveniently and quickly in very small files. The program includes several convenient features for quick data entry, and has a comprehensive built-in Help facility. The LAPS II software will be available for free download from www.electrovoice.com.
• Electro-Voice ZxA5™ Powered Loudspeaker: At the heart of the ZxA5 are state-of-the-art transducers. To develop the DVX3150 15“ high performance transducer, EV used advanced computer aided design techniques to create forced-air, directional voice coil cooling for high power and efficiency. Finite element analysis was used to optimise the suspension and magnetic structure for long, linear travel, providing low distortion and greater LF extension. Perfect for an incredibly wide range of applications, the DVX3150 provides the ultimate in lightweight reliability… but with a heavyweight 500W power rating.
• Electro-Voice EVID C12.2 Ceiling Loudspeaker: The C12.2 has an array of outstanding features. The loudspeaker features the EVID 920-8B transducer, as 12“ coaxial with high power handling and 100 dB sensitivity. The integrated 64W transformer allows for use in 70V/100V applications, and included automatic saturation compensation. Transformer tap selection is via a convenient switch on the front baffle. The perforated grille is finished in semi-gloss white powder-coated enamel. The baffle and bezel are constructed from UL 94V-0 rated ABS. The rear enclosure is constructed from heavy guage steel, and has a durable black powder-coat that blends in when used in open-ceiling applications. The rear enclosure provides an optimum internal volume for extended low-frequency performance.
• Dynacord Variline Family of Loudspeakers: In sound reinforcement applications today, the highest possible quality is required for the widest variety of events. Speakers that are universally applicable are therefore particularly prized. Both the acoustic and the mechanical design of all cabinets in the Variline range have been optimized for multi-functional applications. Their wide range of mounting accessories and discrete styling make Variline speakers suitable for even the most elegant surroundings.
All Variline loudspeaker boxes are equipped with premium components. Ideal for use as full-range boxes capable of delivering op quality reproduction of music and the spoken word, the systems are just as suitable as satellites or delay boxes in larger audio systems.
Vice President of Sales, Bosch Communications Systems, Thomas Hansen remarks: “InfoComm has become a key show for our customers. AV communications technologies are in high demand by all industries and the attendance at this show demonstrates that. InfoComm has done a fantastic job of marketing their show, evident in the over 18% increase in attendance from last year. They also offer excellent content beyond the showfloor in educational sessions that include the Institute of Professional Development, Super Monday, Syn-Aud-Con, and CTS credential courses, and classes like Technology Trends and Project Management. We are especially proud to be a part of their ongoing educational efforts. That’s really putting stock in the future of our industry. All of these components make InfoComm a key event for exhibitors, show attendees, education class enrollees, and especially buyers.“
Bosch Communications Systems Tradeshow Manager, Randy Siefert, comments: “InfoComm has been an excellent organization to deal with, and they have developed one of the premier trade shows in the U.S. They are concerned about the needs of all their ’customers’: the attendees, the industry and the exhibitors. Consequently, InfoComm has grown at an amazing rate over the past seven years that I’ve exhibited there, with more than 18% growth again this year.“
Hansen continues: “InfoComm also published the release of their 2007 Market Definition and Strategy Study at this show, which quantifies the audiovisual industry as a $25 billion industry in North America alone. That’s great research that shows the potential for our business to grow. InfoComm has its eyes on the future of our industry. And we plan to be there in a big way.“
Siefert adds: “InfoComm provides a venue for us to exhibit most all of our many product lines in one place, to attendees with a wide range of interests. With education and certification playing a major role in this event, most attendees take their attendance very seriously. It has been a priviledge for me to be a member of the InfoComm Steering Committee the past two years, and to have input into future trade shows along with other of my fellow exhibitors. Please join us next year in Las Vegas, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. We will be located in the Audio Pavilion, in Central Hall #3, Booth #C3737.“
For more information, visit www.electrovoice.com
Public Relations Manager
Bosch Communications Systems
Telex Communications, Inc.
12000 Portland Ave. South
Burnsville, MN 55337
Public Relations Producer
Bosch Communications Systems
Telex Communications, Inc.
12000 Portland Ave. South
Burnsville, MN 55337
Phone: 952 736-3935
Bosch Communications Systems - a business unit of Bosch Security Systems - is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of professional audio, wireless, life safety and communication equipment. Bosch Communications Systems offers complete system solutions for the world’s most critical, high-profile installations and events.
The Bosch Group is a leading global manufacturer of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods, and building technology. In fiscal 2006, some 260,000 associates generated sales of 43.7 billion euros. Set up in Stuttgart in 1886 by Robert Bosch (1861-1942) as “Workshop for Precision Mechanics and Electrical Engineering,“ the Bosch Group today comprises a manufacturing, sales, and after-sales service network of some 300 subsidiaries and more than 13,000 Bosch service centers in over 140 countries.
The special ownership structure of the Bosch Group guarantees its financial independence and entrepreneurial freedom. It makes it possible for the company to undertake significant up-front investments in the safeguarding of its future, as well as to do justice to its social responsibility in a manner reflective of the spirit and will of its founder. A total of 92 % of the share capital of Robert Bosch GmbH is held by the charitable foundation Robert Bosch Stiftung. The entrepreneurial ownership functions are carried out by Robert Bosch Industrietreuhand KG.
Additional information can be accessed at www.bosch.com
DSC00305.JPG [757 kB]
Nix 1.jpg [1.8MB]
Jeff Taylor FOH God2.JPG [101 kB]
dynacord demo 1.JPG [133 kB]
dd16.JPG [144 kB]
dd15.JPG [119 kB]
dd14.JPG [114 kB]
dd12.JPG [80 kB]
dd11.JPG [106 kB]
dd10.JPG [96 kB]
dd9 nice.JPG [102 kB]
dd8.JPG [82 kB]
dd7.JPG [99 kB]
dd6.JPG [93 kB]
dd5.JPG [93 kB]
dd4.JPG [132 kB]
dd3.JPG [117 kB]
dd2.JPG [111 kB]
groundstack1.JPG [51 kB]
guillermo 2.JPG [61 kB]
demoroom1.JPG [96 kB]
white hang.JPG [87 kB]
XL8.JPG [120 kB]
mick harry scott.JPG [71 kB]
josh rick.JPG [87 kB]
matt midas.JPG [117 kB]
booth13.JPG [102 kB]
booth12.JPG [52 kB]
booth 10.JPG [60 kB]
history MLK DJ.JPG [101 kB]
history KR soldier.JPG [106 kB]
booth nice matt phone.JPG [106 kB]
booth14 nice.JPG [109 kB]