EVU Ultra-Compact 2-Way Speaker Systems
- 6.5- and 8-inch woofers allow ultracompact enclosures
- Delay systems
- Under-balcony applications
- Front-fill applications
- Wall-mount applications
- Distributed audio systems
- Asymmetrical enclosure shape provides an appropriate vertical aiming angle for both under-balcony and stage-lip applications
- Sophisticated, 18-dB-octave passive crossover/EQ networks
- Supplied U-bracket
- Rear mounting points accept OmniMount brackets
- Available in black or white (interior use)
Electro-Voice developed the first “constant directivity” waveguides in the 1970s, which, unlike conventional devices of the day, maintained their rated coverage angles over a wide frequency range. EV constant directivity meant that anyone seated in the waveguide’s pattern received the same frequency balance as anyone else, a great boon in providing truly uniform coverage and sound quality across a venue.
Today’s EVU waveguide incorporates the design refinements of over 30 years’ development. Its square mouth makes the EVU 90° x 50° coverage pattern rotatable, so enclosure orientation is independent of the desired horizontal coverage pattern. The six-inch overall mouth size is a good physical and directivity match to the EVU’s 6.5- and 8-inch woofers.
All four EVU systems employ an ICT-1-8 small-format high-frequency compression driver with a 1.3-inch titanium diaphragm, mounted on a six-inch-square, 90° x 50° rotatable waveguide. The systems are shipped to provide a 90° horizontal coverage angle when the long enclosure axis is horizontal.