Electro‑Voice launches ZXA1 compact powered loudspeaker at Winter NAMM 2010
Anaheim, CA (January 14th, 2010): Electro-Voice engineers have raised the bar for portable sound once again, adding to the award-winning ZX loudspeaker family with the new ZXA1 – the self-powered version of the best-selling ZX1 compact two-way loudspeaker.
Launching globally at Winter NAMM 2010, ZXA1 is powered by an 800 watt amplifier module developed by the same team behind EV’s world-tour-class Tour Grade series – amplifiers with audio quality and reliability proven at the very highest levels.
“Electro‑Voice engineers have raised the bar for portable sound once again, adding to the award‑winning ZX loudspeaker family with the new ZXA1 ”
EV loudspeaker enclosure designs are often imitated but never equaled. ZXA1’s lightweight, super-durable molded enclosure ensures it looks as good as it sounds – a stylish-yet-solid choice for a wide range of applications including live sound, mobile DJ, stage monitoring and permanent installation.
ZXA1’s professional-grade 8” woofer and 1” titanium compression driver complete the equation, providing a level of sonic performance previously unheard in any compact two-way loudspeaker.
ZXA1: big power and performance has never been so portable.
• Integrated 800 watt power amplifier
• Bi-amplified design with transducer protection
• EV8L 8” high-output LF transducer
• DH2005 1” exit true compression driver
• 90° x 50° coverage pattern
• Rotatable horn design
• 123 dB maximum SPL
• Selectable high-pass filter for use with subwoofers
• Line and microphone inputs
• Integral monitor angle on enclosure
• Built-in pole mount
• Lightweight (< 20 lbs) with integral handle for easy carrying